Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter

Apparently I'm the only one in the blogosphere, including the economics blogs, who didn't spend all weekend reading the final installment of the Harry Potter series. I have no desire to read any of the books, but I have seen one of the movies and wasn't terribly impressed. I guess I'm even more uncool than I thought. I guess there is some redeeming social value to Potter, given that the books have gotten some kids to read.

I have threatened on several occasions though to write my own anti-Potter series. The first book will be called Henry Pothead and the Lost Roach Clip. The second book will be Henry Pothead and the Cracked Water Bong.

Correction: I claimed previously that I hadn't read a novel in about 6 years. I actually read In His Steps by Charles Sheldon in the last year. It is a novel that sparked the What Would Jesus Do? movement.

No comments: