Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Late Morning Reading

1) David Brooks has a really nice column on the lifestyle patterns of today's 20-somethings. I see some of myself in it, but the reason I fit some of his descriptions differ from the reasons he gives. (You'll need a free log-in to The New York Times to access it.) Thanks to Arnold Kling.

I'm interested to see how Brooks' views compare to Robert Epstein's in his new book The Case Against Adolescence. I recently purchased the book and can't wait to read it. I would guess that Epstein would include parts of what Brooks calls the "Odyssey Years" in adolescence, but without reading the book I can't be sure.

2) A recap of the Cowboys' improbable win last night. What concerns me more than Romo's pics is Owens' hands. He dropped one hitch route by looking up field too soon, the 2 point conversion was ripped out of his hands, and he couldn't cradle the ball in with 13 seconds left in the game. None of these mistakes cost the Boys in the end, but any of them could have. I haven't seen a line on next week's game, but I would take New England as a 7 point favorite if for no other reason than Randy Moss has just killed the Cowboys.

No comments: