Here are some highlights (or low lights):
- People increasingly change denominations or abandon their affiliation all together.
- 51.3 percent call themselves Protestants, but one third of Protestants either could not or would not describe their denomination.
- 25 percent of adults under 30 have no affiliation.
- Those who are "secular unaffiliated" are greater a percentage of Americans than Methodists (6.3 versus 6.2 percent).
- Oregon has the greatest percentage of population with no affiliation (27 percent).