Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Don Imus Affair

This qualifies as my fellow man's folly so it's a go for this blog. For the record, I find the whole controversy completely and totally stupid. Imus is more or less a shock jock. That's how he makes his money. I haven't watched or listened to his show in several years, but saying off the wall and offensive stuff is what he does. If you don't like it, don't watch or listen to him.

As far as his nappy ho's comment or whatever his comment about the Rutgers women's basketball team was that got everyone's underwear in a bunch, who cares? The Rutgers women's basketball team is supposed to be a group of grown women who I would hope wouldn't get their feelings hurt by such a frivolous affair (which was an attempted joke), but that's obviously not the case. There is a whole class of people in this country, and the world for that matter, just looking to be a victim and another class that profits off the victims. If I reacted like these folks everytime I heard someone say or write something stupid, my department would probably be half the size it is and I would probably be in some sort of correctional facility.

There comes a time when you have to grow up and learn to tolerate the stupid comments of others. I would think college students could do this, but obviously they can't.

Here is a great column on this whole mess.
http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

No comments: